Greetings to Readers

Welcome to my blog! All of these are my creations inspired by my thoughts, experiences in everyday life and other writers. I feel happy every time the number of visitors viewing my blog increased, well, who doesn't? You are free to leave your opinions and comments if you want. Enjoy your stay :)

October 14, 2011

Peace Retreat: The Sound of Silence

         
It was Monday when I saw my classmate crying in one corner. I ask her why, and she told me the news about the retreat. She's crying because the retreat accidentally hit her birthday, which will surely ruin her party. That day also, it made me think of what is a retreat and what can it do to me? Honestly, I don't know what retreat is, I came from a public high school and we are unable to have a peace retreat. I am so thankful that God had gave me the opportunity to study in San Beda College Alabang and experienced what peace retreat really is. Before, I think peace retreat as an activity where lots of crying will happen as what my friends and peers say. I also imagine that peace retreat will be a boring activity and a waste of time, but I’m wrong. Thursday night, I’m busy preparing my clothes, toiletries and other things that will be put on my luggage. Friday, I woke up early and found myself so excited for the retreat, well, it will be my first retreat ever. I hop on the car and make a stop at the gate of Alabang Hills Village to fetch my friends. We arrived at San Beda’s chapel and listen for a short instruction given by Fr. Dunstan. Fr. Dunstan gave us the chance to have a confession, honestly, that was only my second confession since my third grade and my last confession was seven years ago.
         
For 3 days and 2 nights stay at the Monseratt Center, I know that I had a wonderful experience and achievement as well. The first activity that we had was the washing of the feet. From that activity I learned how good really God is. He humble Himself even though He know who He was and what was His purpose. The most memorable activity for me was the distribution of letters from the parents. I was really surprised for that, because I did not expect to receive any, and it made me cry when I got one. I read the letter of my father, and it hurts me when I read the line in which my Daddy is saying sorry for not being able to send me on a private school because of the family crisis that we have undergone. Many memories-good and bad slowly flooded to my mind and that time, I want to burst out my feeling and shout. I want to shout to release the anger for myself. My Dad’s message for me teared off my heart. Another memorable activity for me was the writing of letters in return for our parents, it made me cry again one more time. My letter contains the three-most important element of a love letter, Thank You, Sorry, and I Love you.
         
The peace retreat was so good that it made me realize so many things in my life. Realizations which will helped me to transform from nothing to something. I realize that as of now in our life, we should learn to prioritize our parents. They are always on our side-in bad times and good times, and most of the time we just ignore them. I felt like that a cold water was pouring into my soul. I know it's God, touching my soul and asking me to come closer to Him. I love my parents but I cannot utter it in front of them because I’m shy and afraid. Shy because I’m not into that thing and afraid because my parents might take it as a joke.
         
There are so many material things here on Earth that we think that will make us happy and satisfied, but that was our biggest mistake. Youths of today should realize how important are parents are. We should give them the love they deserve because we don’t know until when we can enjoy the day with them. We should enjoy and treasure every moments that we have with them and show them how their hardworks developed and mold us into a better person they want to see.

No comments: